ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure the safe and efficient dispatch of company aircraft.
- Log and maintain accurate system flight information.
- Provide constant flight following and communications for company flights.
- Promptly advise the supervisor of irregularities that develop.
- Review weather, maintenance data, aircraft performance, and crew resource factors to develop an effective operating plan.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments and personnel to maintain operational control.
- Provide operational support to flight crews such as flight planning, weather, fuel, and alternate airport information.
- Ensure that all flight operations are conducted in compliance with applicable FARs and company procedures.
- Coordinate flow of operational information to all departments and stations for use in planning.
- Constantly monitor system wide weather.
- Monitor field conditions, winds aloft, and NOTAMS for entire operation.
- Route and re-route aircraft and flight crews to maintain schedule integrity, and to accommodate maintenance requirements or crew legality.
- Coordinate with Daily Scheduling to ensure compliance with FARs and contract requirements.
- Ensure that departmental guidelines are adhered to.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or equivalent, and 1 year of airline operations experience. Some college preferred. Licensed part 121 aircraft dispatcher ( requires a minimum age of 23). Beginning to intermediate level computer and typing skills.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be willing to work occasional odd hours including some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Scheduling charter and owner flights
- Providing the flight crew with flight plans and weather information
- Maintaining aircraft and crew schedules to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Obtaining international permits and visas and coordinating with outside aircraft service handlers for international flights, if applicable
- Maintaining department records
- Coordinating aircraft handling and fueling with fixed base operators maintaining a flight following system
- Participating in the safety management system
- Interfacing with flight crews, management, maintenance, and passengers; scheduling ground transportation and accommodations
- Knowledge of national and international regulations and standards.
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and be an initiative driven individual.
- Effective communication skills and defined methods to communicate to crewmembers, maintenance personnel and company personnel.
- Be a team player and be able to work cooperatively and efficiently with other personnel.
- Be able to make intelligent decision under pressure and exercise sound judgment.
- Strong computer skills & knowledge of aviation software, such as FOS
- The candidate should possess a Dispatcher Certificate, or an Arline Transport Pilot certificate, or equivalent experience in part 135 operations.
Charter Coordinator Job Description
The Charter Coordinator based in Farmingdale, NY (FRG) is responsible for all aspects of the Talon Air’s Clients (Aircraft Owners and Block Charter Clients) flight experience. Client centered customer service and an understanding of CFR 14 parts 91 and 135 are essential. This position is in direct contact with our highly successful and high net-worth Clients and their representatives. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment are essential personal qualities for the successful Flight Coordinator. Immediate response to Client requests is of the utmost importance.
- Assist in exercising operational control as delegated by Director of Operations in compliance with CFR 14 parts 91, 135 and Talon Air’s General Operations Manual.
- Maintain a culture of total customer service focused on anticipating our Clients’ needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Communicate any operational issues, as appropriate, to our Clients.
- Document and maintain compliance with Talon Air’s contractual obligations to all Clients (Aircraft Owners, Block Charter & Retail Charter Clients).
- Receive and provide accurate quotes for charter requests by clients and/or other operators or brokers.
- Proactively resolve Client issues and disputes
- Analyze aircraft fleet utilization to best serve our Client needs and maximize overall safety and profitability.
- Assist in crew scheduling and crew resource utilization along with Logistics Coordinator and Chief Pilot
- Notify and brief all crewmembers associated with scheduled trips as well as maintain communications with crew and assist in all crew associated travel plans.
- Monitor weather and airport conditions on a daily basis to ensure daily operations can be accomplished safely and without unexpected interruption.
- Actively Flight Follow; monitoring all aircraft movements both in the air and on the ground. Coordinate aircraft towing and fueling when and where necessary.
- Effectively communicate with Talon Air Maintenance and crew regarding scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events.
- Utilize FOS to its maximum ability with incorporating scheduling updates to profiles, airport/aircraft information, maintenance warnings and aircraft times, accounting and invoicing.
- Maintain and continually improve Clients and Vendor contact information in FOS.
- Learn to utilize computer systems and programs to perform job duties to include but not limited to: FOS, Flight Explorer, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Record Keeping and Database Maintenance
- Record all flight data from completed trips using the Trip Completion Checklist.
- Take notice of aircraft discrepancies and report them to Maintenance.
- Follow established protocols per FOS Database management.
- College Degree (Aviation or Business degree preferred) Previous aviation industry specific work experience
- Experience with and an understanding of corporate aircraft operations and FAA regulations CFR 14 FAR 91 and 135
- FAA Dispatch Certificate or Pilot Certificate
- Experience working with FOS software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of geography, aviation meteorology, customer service, and corporate aircraft types and performance.
- Exceptional communication, writing, and teamwork skills.
- Solid computer skills, proficient in MS Office software
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work as a team member while meeting individual performance goals
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and demonstrate the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks.
Line Service Technician
Perform daily line service operations by safely and accurately conducting flight line operations as well as providing, efficient, professional and courteous service to our customers.
- Aircraft cleaning, detailing and stocking
- Greet, park, tow, move and marshal aircraft arriving or departing ramp area, assist with wing-walking duties as required
- Fueling/defueling/de-ice aircraft as requested.
- Provide lavatory and water service as requested
- Provide shuttle service for passengers/crew as required.
- Assist passengers and/or crew with baggage/cargo as needed.
- Assist with general cleaning and clearing of debris from ramp building and customer areas
- Assist with customer service duties including passenger and crew assistance
- Reloading of fuel vehicles
- Receiving of fuel farm inventory
- Routine equipment maintenance and upkeep
- Required periodic quality control inspections
- All associated record keeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma; some college preferred
- Prior general aviation experience preferred
- Valid state driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Professional verbal/written communication skills
- Must pass all conducted drug/alcohol screens, background and security checks and prove eligibility for employment in the United States.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to act under pressure and be adaptable to change on a constant basis
- Requires operation of vehicles in excess of 50,000 pounds.
- May require lifting/carrying/moving/pushing/pulling up to 200 pounds.
- Ability to communicate with crew/tower using base radio and with customer service rep and line service manager via two way radio.
Entails carrying out demanding tasks within a fast paced, physically challenging aviation environment. Position consists of working both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to nature’s elements and daily exposure to aircraft engine noise, exhaust fumes and fuel vapors, and fuel to skin contact.
Hawker 4000 PIC & SIC Needed
Talon Air is currently looking for pilots for a new Hawker 4000 aircraft.
Must have a similar Jet type rating and a minimum of 3000 hours total time, 1500 PIC and 500 Jet time
Must be in the NY metro area for a KFRG base, or be willing to relocate.
Clean background is a must.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits package offered.
*2 position available at our KBED base*
NY based BE400 PIC for Part 135 operation.
- BE400 type rating and 500 hours PIC in type preferred.
- Minimum 4000 hours TT,
- 2000 PIC,
- 1500 Turbojet.
- 135 experience a must.
Must be in the NY metro area for a KFRG base, or be willing to relocate.
Clean background is a must.
KingAir 300 PIC BED Based:
ATP (BE-300 Type rating preferred) and 3000+ Total Time
2000 hours PIC time
2000 MEL with 1000 hours multi turbine
3 years 135 PIC experience
KingAir 300 SIC – Bedford
Minimum 2000 hours total time
500 hours PIC time
Looking for a Lear 60XR SIC for a part 91 position based in NY.
LR60 type rating and 100 hours in type preferred.
2500 Total Time,
Citation M2 PIC (CJ3 type rating required) – New York
Looking for a Part 135/91 PIC to fly our new Citation M2. CE-525 type rating required.
Citation CJ time preferred.
Please submit resumes to Meagan Lovetro, HR Department – email@example.com