Talon Air, Inc. is currently seeking:
Full Time Accounts Payable Clerk for immediate hire.
The position is located in Farmingdale, NY (KFRG). Competitive salary, benefits and 401K is offered.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: MMarambio@talonairjets.com. No phone calls please.
Job Title: Director of Asia Operations
Type: Full Time Employment at Talon Air Inc.
Worksite: Farmingdale New York
Coordinate operations of business. (40% of FTE)
- Direct day to day operations of the company to ensure efficient functioning of office, staff, clients and vendors. Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing and personnel.
- Responsible for timely aircraft services for customers.
- Responsible for vendor identification, contract and payment for goods and services including office and aircraft supplies.
- Responsible for timely scheduling of routes of airplanes. Responsible for safety of personnel, customers and freight. Responsible overall functionality of the office.
Coordinate supervision of personnel. (10% of FTE).
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise personnel in consultation with superiors. Set operations policies and standards, including determining safety procedures for the handling of aircraft and airborne goods.
- Plan and manage the work of newer staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Mentor newer staff on day to day operations.
- Review staff progress and report issues identified to Human Resources.
Advise management on staffing needs as they arise. Coordinate monitoring of budgets, costs, and expenditures, tracking of profitability, sales, purchases of fuel and other merchandise. (10% of FTE).
- Direct the expansion of business in Asia market including development of customer base. Develop budgets, costs and expenditures for management review.
- Track sales and profitability of Asia operations and report to management.
- Identify new routes and marketing leads to management.
- Order fuel and parts for aircraft in a timely fashion to minimize delays in operations.
- Purchase office supplies for overall functionality.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment as required by management.
- Monitor budget of Asia operations on a yearly basis and identify ways to improve services, reduce costs and increase profitability.
Direct, provide expertise and assistance in scheduling and operations of aircraft in Japan, China, Russia and other Asian countries. (10% of FTE).
- Direct personnel to coordinate between air-traffic control and maintenance staff to minimize delays. Direct personnel in efficient dispatching duties.
- Train and advice personnel in navigational aids and weather readings to maximize safety.
- Direct staff to monitor and maintain flight records and comply with rules and regulations involving international travel.
Develop and implement pilot training program for applicants from China and Japan (30% of FTE).
- Direct theoretical and practical instruction in aviation to applicants enrolled in training program. Supervise flight instruction and perform assessments of students.
- Train students in aviation safety and international aviation regulations especially Asia region.
- Train Asia operation procedures, air traffic control communications and Airspace infrastructure.
- Bachelors Degree (Foreign Equiv. Acceptable) in Business, Economics or related area.
- At least five years of progressive, post- baccalaureate experience in the field of aviation operations management.
- Valid pilot license (ATP with RA4000 type rating).
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor Certificate.
- Flight and Advance Ground Instructor Certificate.
- Completion of Federal Aviation Regulation Part 141 government certified training.
- Completion of FAA Approved Aircraft Maintenance/Management Training.
- Background knowledge/proficiency in International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) aviation regulations, Asia flight procedures and regulations, as well as administration of aviation in Asia markets.
- Extensive international travel required.
Send resume confirming the above qualifications to Director of Human Resources at:
EOE, No agencies, No calls. This position does not offer H1B visa sponsorship.
Charter Operations Representative (overnight shift) for immediate hire. The position is located in Farmingdale, NY (KFRG). Competitive salary, benefits and 401K is offered.
Full-Time Pilot Position for immediate hire. The positions are located in Farmingdale, NY (KFRG) and Bedford, MA (KBED). Competitive salary, benefits and 401K is offered.
Lead Pilot requirements for Bedford, MA (KBED) position:
Total Time: >5000
Total Jet: 2500
Total PIC: >2500
Type ratings: Hawker 4000 preferred or other super-mid or larger type rating(s) with glass cockpit experience. International Experience a must: Far East and EU Must be able to manage and lead his team.
To inquire about these positions, please contact:
631-753-8881 ext 2248