Captain Richard Schober knew he wanted to fly at the age of 6 when he took a flight with his parents to Disney on an Eastern Airlines 727 and the captain let him ride up front the entire flight. The attractions at the Magic Kingdom paled before the excitement of that flight which inspired his interest in aviation.
Captain Richard Schober began his professional career after attending college on a full academic scholarship in Computer Science. This degree led to a position as a Computer Network Engineer for Gloucester County College and the GOLD Library network system. Flying had become one of his interests so after the dot com bubble burst in 2000, he began to look at a career following his love for aviation. Captain Schober decided to pursue his passion at the Delta Connection Academy in Sanford, Florida where he undertook flight training. He began flight instruction for the Pittsburgh Flight Training center and later, the Mesa Airlines Pilot Development (MAPD) in Farmington, New Mexico. MAPD was quite unique -all flight instruction was conducted in a high desert and mountain environment. Since then, Captain Schober has instructed over 430 pilots with a 99% successful completion rate. He eventually became a Check Airman for the Albuquerque Flight Standards District Office (FSDO). He launched his private aircraft career in 2005 by flying a Gulfstream IV from Teterboro, NJ to Paris, France. Since then, he has piloted the Gulfstream III, II, Challenger 601, Learjet 60 and is now the chief Captain of one of Talon Air’s Hawker 4000’s. Additionally, Captain Schober has written technical 135 manuals for two 135 operators.
More facts about Talon’s Proud Pilot Captain Richard Schober:
- His total flight time is over 6700 hours.
- Richard is also a former FAA Safety Counselor for the Orlando and Pittsburgh FSDOs.
- His favorite aircraft is Talon Air’s RA4000.
- Captain Schober most enjoys flying internationally to Copenhagen, Denmark; Avignon, France; Exuma, Bahamas; Panama City, Panama, and domestically to Jackson Hole, WY; Telluride, CO; and his former home airport, Durango, CO.
- In his spare time, Richard is a Tech 1 Scuba Diver, an avid road bike cyclist and an accomplished outdoorsman.
To book your flight with Captain Richard Schober or another of Talon’s proud pilots call (888) TALON-AIR or click “Get a Quote”.